Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Stephanie Cayon, Class of 2017

Gladiators, it’s safe enough to say that my senior year at the Gardens was bittersweet. Between my 7 AICE classes, my extracurricular activities, and balancing this between friends and family time, the constant “busy time” allowed me to have a great experience my senior year. Graduating with a 4.7 unweighted GPA and top 10% of my 2017 class allows me to boast about how proud I am to be a gladiator and a product of hardworking teachers and a family who pushes me to the limit.

Throughout my senior year, I was offered several scholarships such as a full ride at St. Thomas University and enough scholarships from NOVA Southeastern University to only pay a small amount per semester. This school year consisted of me coaching an elementary dance school team while focusing on my own dancing skill on Miami Dancity’s Competitive Dance Team. If you’re wondering how I balanced these things and still managed to graduate with honors and plenty of offers from universities and colleges, I tell you one of my mantras that allowed me to get through my senior year in one piece… hard work ALWAYS pay off.

Someone is always watching the grind you are putting into your goals and someone on the sidelines will always appreciate the dedication you give even when you feel discouraged. Sacrifices will need to be made in order to accomplish your goals but once that goal is met, it just evolves into a bigger and better goal. As of August, I will be attending Florida International University and majoring in Political Science. I expect to continue dancing whether it’s professionally or teaching at a studio or school. What can I say?
Something’s never change. Another peace of advice, always remember that family is the most important thing once you are in any dilemma. Never forget your roots and where you came from. Study hard, kids and stay strong your last year!


As of May 27: Stepanie is working as a dancer with the Miami Marlins!

No comments:

Post a Comment