Friday, May 19, 2017

Kassey Morales, Graduated w/AA before finishing high school

Future Psychology Major, English Minor. Ultimate goal is to earn my Ph.D. in Psychology and write self-help books with biblical guidance. Also, publish works ranging from poetry to short stories.

I remained within top 2% for most of my academic career. For many people, fixating on a number is not their cup of tea. They rather “enjoy” the high school experience and “chill.” My personality would not allow that. Always known as the busy bee and the stressed-crazed girl, I truly came into my own senior year. Hearing that out of over 700 students I was number 9 (or so) proved that my work was recognized.

Ranking is determined by GPA. Mine is 3.9 unweighted and 5.19 weighted.

How did I earn that amazing GPA? It was definitely not by opting out of the hard classes. Coming into high school, I had already formulated my plan. I was going to start Dual Enrollment at Miami Dade College the fall of my sophomore year to earn my Associates Degree. Initially, I enrolled in several AICE classes and thought to myself that perhaps only doing Dual Enrollment would be the best route for me. Little did I know that God had a greater plan. Not only did I graduate with my AA before graduating high school, I am currently on my way to getting my AICE Diploma. The Cambridge Program is an exceptional opportunity if you use it correctly. Although it does attract higher level schools in and out of Florida, its main perk is Bright Futures. If you obtain 7 credits (having passed the tests) and at least 100 hours of community service, you get 100% Bright Futures. Now, here’s what many people don’t know; Bright Futures ONLY works for public universities in Florida, like FIU, UF, UCF, and FSU.

My best advice to you all is to plan. Plan for your plan. Plan for when it fails. Plan for when it succeeds. Not to be afraid of exploring your full potential because you’re afraid of the greatness of your mind. For many hardworking students like myself, uncovering the greatness within is sometimes the scariest feeling. Know that being top 2%, having an Associates Degree, and earning an AICE diploma does not quiet the voice in your head saying, “You could’ve done more.” However, it is now your strength within to tell that voice, “I did more than I could’ve possibly dreamed.”

With much love and adulation for your future works,

Kassey Morales
Class of 2017

P.S. Below I attached my chicken scratch outline of the classes I took and how I actually graduated with my AA, seeing that is the question I frequently get asked by underclassmen.

(COMING SOON)

No comments:

Post a Comment