Monday, June 1, 2015

Ibis, Class of 2011; Bachelors Completed!

We first posted about Ibis back in October 2013. Click here to read her first update. Since that time, Ibis has graduated and provided us with a new update.


To My Proud Gladiators:

My name is Ibis Iser; proud Gladiator. I was truly fortunate to be the Vice President of the first graduating class— Class of 2011. Gazing back at my high school memories and observing how time has passed so rapidly brings me a feeling of nostalgia. It also brings joy and pride to recognize all I have accomplished within the last four years started right there, in that very seat you could be sitting in at this precise moment.
I recently graduated from St. Thomas University with my Bachelors in Biology and a Specialization in Research. Prior to that I completed my A.A at Miami Dade's Honors College in 2013. Currently for the summer I will be preparing myself for the MCAT through the University of Miami MCAT Prep Program at the Miller School of Medicine. My goal for the next few months is to study harder than ever and do outstanding on the MCAT and apply to Medical School.
It is a long and daunting process but it is totally worth the wait and struggle if it’s your dream. It was not so long ago when I was in your shoes so I understand how this road may seem like an endless horizon at your age but eventually you’ll see land, and that’s a promise. My advice is, study and take advantage of all the perks our school –Hialeah Gardens has to offer, because I know that without the education and educators I would not be where I am today. Truthfully speaking, you all are at the prime of your lives; this is the time to plant the seed that you would like to see flourish ten years from now. I would like to end with this quote: “If your dreams don’t scare you, then it’s not big enough”. Don't be afraid to dream big, study hard, have fun and do not forget to get involved!
Lets go GLADIATORS -Dream BIG!

P.S. If any of you are interested in Medical School or achieving a Bachelors in Science please feel free to contact me at the email below, and I will be more than happy to answer any questions, good luck to all: ibisiser@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment